Pages

Saturday, 16 March 2013

It's time......

Saturday arrived and it was the day we would get to see which of our poppets would be getting placed. I woke up early as usual and decided to make Lee breakfast in bed, mostly to keep myself busy but also cos I'm nice like that :) Just as we had finished the phone rang and it was the hospital. Instantly fear swept over me but thankfully they were only calling to bring our appointment forward as the weather had took a turn for the worst and the snow was coming down thick and fast. I thought great least we don't have much time to sit and wait but then I thought crap we have like half an hour to get ready!!

We eventually got organised and managed to leave but like I said in a previous post the traffic was horrendous it would appear that everybody and their dog decided to go out for a drive at this specific time. Lee was panicking we would be late but we actually weren't too late :/ late enough though for the surgeon to be standing waiting on us and asked if we got stuck in the snow. Awkward!!

So we got ushered into a cubicle and got changed into my jammies once again and Lee got asked if he wanted to be there to see if of course he said yes so he had to change into some gorgeous blue scrubs and even more attractive green croc clog things his face says it all in this picture hahaha. It was so refreshing to be able to have a giggle before the big event.

The nurse appeared back to get us and this time I just walked to theatre to be greeted by this bed with straddle looking things and a set of ladders to get up onto the bed it was so high I was sure I was going to fall off! Thankfully I never and it was actually quite comfortable. The embryologist came in to speak to us about the 4 eggs that had progressed to the next stage and she advised that they rate them out of 8 and the one they were going to be placing scored 8 out of 8 so it was the star pupil :) this was such great news to hear.
The surgeon then got to work and silly me in the rush to get to the hospital I forgot I needed a full bladder so it made a bit difficult than normal for him to see on the screen but he managed and we got shown on the screen a magnified photo of the embryo it looked amazing. We had to wait until it was slowly injected into my womb and then all of a sudden the brightest wee dot appeared on the screen, it was one of the most happiest moments of my life. Our wee poppet which we created together (and with help from the lap technicians) was there :) He looked so beautiful and my heart just filled with love. People reading this will probably thing I'm mad or silly for feeling like this so early on but when you've waited 5 years for something and your that step closer to having it you can't help but feel amazing.
Here is a photo of our wee guy, as the nurse put it the brightest star :)
Now all we have to do is hope and pray he likes his new home and settles in. I'll make sure I do all I can to protect him and take it easy and not let anything get me wound up. I've heard the 2 week wait is the longest 2 weeks ever but I don't mind it's going to bitter sweet at the end of this finding out if our poppet has survived but then having to say goodbye to my husband and my best friend for a long 7 months. So for now i'll take each day as it comes and like I said hope for the best. Thank you to everyone who has sent us well wishes and to everyone who follows my blog without all the extra support this journey would have been extra hard but it's so lovely to know your all behind us rooting for us xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment