So on Tuesday night I spent the night preparing my bag to take with me to the hospital this is about the only time you will ever see me ironing my jammies Lee thought I was mad for doing it but it's something that my mum does and even my mum's mum so it's in the genes to iron your jammies and look presentable for going into hospital. I also had to make sure I had any left over needles, medication and my sharps box as i no longer need to use any of these things any more I went to bed early that night to make sure I had a decent sleep but to be honest it was the worst sleep ever I tossed and turned all night and it didn't help the dog decided it wanted a cuddle and was on and off the bed like nobody's business. He's such a monster as I got up in the middle of the night for the toilet and by the time I got back to get into bed he had jumped up and stole my place lol he's not the easiest of dog's to get to move when they are out for the count!!
The morning came and it was an early start as I had to be in hospital for 8 am as per usual we were running a bit late and for some reason it doesn't matter what time of day the traffic seems to be against us for every appointment!! We eventually got there and were greeted by the nurse who took us round to the ward and she told me to get myself comfortable and get my jammies on and that she would be back to see us shortly.
Here I am all settled with my jammies on and smiles (this will change in the next photo) and after a while the nurse came back in and went through a whole load of questions and put THREE wrist bands on me, it was one of these stupid ones that the sticker with my details on it was too big for so it stuck to the hairs on my arm and by god did it hurt lol don't see why they don't write the information on them like the good old days. The nurse advised that the surgeon and anaesthetist would be round to see us shortly. It felt like we were hanging about for ages until they came round and I was starving and I knew Lee was to but he didn't want to leave me so he waited.
Eventually the anaesthetist came round to ask me some questions and I could barely hear a word he said so I nodded to everything, I'm so bad for this I really need to learn to say pardon! It was the same when the surgeon came round to don't know what it is with these people and talking so quiet!
Before we knew it, it was 10:30am and two nurses came to get me, it was then I started to get a bit emotional. I think it was a mixture that Lee wasn't allowed to come in as he had to go and do his test and also I never got to give him a kiss or get a cuddle before they wheeled me away. Also my mum will tell you I never react well to getting put to sleep since I was a child I've had loads of operations for my hearing at I always got hysterical when it came to getting put to sleep, I'd like to say as I've got older this has improved but it hasn't. As soon as the anaesthetist took my hand and started slapping it to get a vein I burst into tears and had to be consoled by the nurse, she was so lovely and was trying to take my mind off it and mid conversation that was me gone the next thing I knew someone was shaking me to see if I was awake, this really annoyed me as I was enjoying my sleep LOL.
Lee ever so kindly took a photo of me coming round from the anesthetic he said he had a right good laugh at me, how charming of him lol. For the next hour or so I went in and out of sleeping and when I eventually came to all I wanted was something to eat but I wasn't allowed anything eat I was only allowed a sip of water for the moment until I was fully conscious and awake. It wasn't until about 12:30pm I finally got to eat my yummy lunch which I had to choose earlier in the morning.
.jpeg)
At the time of ordering to the time of eating it I so wish I had ordered something else, I was also gutted that I didn't receive my chocolate biscuit lol but the cup of tea went down a treat!! After I had lunch I just really wanted to go home but I wasn't allowed to be discharged until the surgeon came to speak to me and I'd been to the toilet for a pee.
The surgeon appeared typically when I had my mouth full of sandwich and he told me they had managed to get 8 out of 10 follicles which was a good result :) I also managed to go to the toilet and was discharged just before 2:00pm. Before I left I was advised to call tomorrow after 11:00am to get the results of how my wee poppets are doing and I was also given some gel pessaries that I need to start taking on Friday.
When I woke up this morning I was still quite sore and surprisingly really tired so I managed to have a long lie which is really unlike me and even when I got up I just lay on the couch with my duvet and watched some films and still slept on and off. I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll feel a bit better and manage to do some house work or something, I hate just lying about doing nothing.
I called the hospital and found out the results, I was so pleased that some survived. The nurse advised that out of the 8 only 5 got injected and out of the 5 only 4 made it to the next stage so I'm booked in to re-attend on Saturday to get the best one out of the 4 put back in and then it's all up to mother nature after that. I'm so nervous now as this is really it now. I said in my last blog I've now done all I can and so have the hospital this is all now down to one wee poppet to survive in it's new home. So I ask for everyone to keep everything crossed and say a little prayer for our poppet. We find out on the 27th if this has been a success or not which is amazing timing as it's right before Lee leaves so here's hoping we have some good news for him to take away with him and give him something to look forward to coming home to :) xx
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Good luck Mandy and Lee. My fingers are crossed for you. Can't wait to hear all about wee poppet. Love to you both. Xxx
ReplyDeleteAw thanks so much Diane :) xx
ReplyDelete