Can't quite beleive that we are almost at the end of our first IVF cycle journey. In some ways it has went in really quickly and in other's it hasn't. It has to be up there with one of the most hardest, emotional and physical journeys I've been on and thats coming from someone who has had to endure a ton of goodbye's for months on end and also an afghan tour which is the number one hardest journey I've went through.
So last night I took my final injection HURRAH!!! Can't say i'll miss taking them much at all my stomach now resembles a pin cushion and covered in bruises :( after I took it I must say I felt quite emotional as this does mark the end of what has become a part of my daily routine for the past month.
I've packed my bag for tomorrow and took all my nail varnish off and come to bed for an early night but I can't sleep I'm so nervous about tomorrow I know ill be sedated and everything will go ok but it's after the operation that I'm scared about and I think this is where my control freak kicks in as its now out of my hands I've done all I could and all I was told to prepare my body for this next part it's now all going to be in the hands of a lab assistant and of course whether my eggs welcome Lee's wee soldiers with open arms or not. It's funny to think that we as human beings picked each other to spend the rest of our lives with yet my eggs and his soldiers may not get on weird eh? Or is that just me chatting crap again lol probably the latter but never mind.
So yeah tomorrow is a big day and I can't say how grateful that I am that for once the army changing dates has worked in our favour I don't know how I would have got through this without Lee being by my side, he may not always understand my emotions and feelings or what I as a woman is going through but he has always been there to wipe away my tears and hold me when I needed him to and for that I can't thank him enough.
I suppose I better go and attempt to get some sleep as I need to be at the hospital for 8am even though the procedure isn't until 10:30am and I reckon tomorrow will be a long emotional day. So to end I ask you all to wish me luck and if you are of the religious type say a little prayer for us and ill keep you posted on how things go xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment