Pages

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Fertility Clinic: Third and Final Appointment

We didnt wait to long for our next appointment to come through and I was dreading it. I had no idea what they were going to say about all the tests we have had and it was anyones guess what the outcome was going to be. I also wasnt looking forward to seeing the doctor again he was horrible and I just didnt feel any connection with him.

Thankfully this time Lee was able to go, he kinda had to anyway really as this was it we were eventually going to find out if there was no chance we would ever have children.

The day came and as usual made the drive to the hospital, checked in, sat and waited and again got myself all worked up (you would think by now I would just go with the flow). Our name got called and off we went into the room with idiot face doctor and this time there was an intern with him, I know they have to learn somewhere but I just hate the way they look at you.

In a way I was hoping the doctor was going to tell us something was wrong and they could fix it so there was a reason to all of this and a point to putting myself through all this emotional torture and physical pain but it wasn't to be it turns out my fallopian tubes are all open and ok and everything looks ok the only thing they found was some months I ovulate and some months I dont but he didnt have a reason for why this happens and he sent us on our way to just keep trying while waiting for our turn for IVF. I was a bit dissapointed that he wasnt going to do anymore for us but also a bit thankful I'd never have to see him again.

After this appointment I was full of mixed emotions really I mean we had been trying for the past 5 years and nothing was happening so how could he just send us away with nothing! I dont think I'll ever understand why we got fobbed off a few people suggested to get a second opinion but I never bothered I just took it to be he was the professional he must know what he was talking about.

So off we went from the hospital with no reason for why any of this was happening to us, I dropped Lee off at work and went home feeling quite empty not knowing what our future was going to be.

1 comment: