Pages

Monday, 22 October 2012

The Waiting Game

So this is were the waiting begins nobody could have prepared me for the amount of emotions I would experience during this journey and nobody could prepare me for not being ready for the emotions that would just creep up on me out of the blue and knock me for six either. This happened quite alot and will keep on happening for sure, sometimes I will know its going to come but sometimes it will be unexpected.

Like I've said in previous posts I found a few friends on my facebook going through the same thing and one in particular has a story which gives me hope in thise down days. She had been having problems for a long time to and started to use the Clearblue Ovulation Monitor** and after a few months fell pregnant and now has a gorgeous baby boy :) After she fell pregnant she didnt have any need for the monitor so she offered to sell it to me which I jumped at the chance. Brand new these things are so expensive and I had been looking into them but wasnt sure if it would be worth it or now.

We had it for a while before we started using it as I wanted to wait until after we had been on holiday and things like that as it's a big commitment to get started on which i'll explain as I go on. I read the leaflet a million times and found it hard to get my head round and had to keep going back to my friend to make sure I had understood it properly, who would have though it would be so confusing lol.

I decided to start it at the beginning of October and it has to be started on the first day of your period and then it records how high your hormones are. The first couple of days I done it my fertility count was low but once my periods stopped and it was still showing low I got really uspet and cried for a good while thinking that it wasnt ever going to change and Lee even said if this is how upset it was going to make me he was going to stop me from doing it but it turned out I just had to be patient and over the course of the month it went from low to high and it even changed to peak for a couple of days so I was releived to know this month I was ovulating! It's went back to low now as it's nearing the end of my cycle now I understand that it doesnt upset me.

I said before its a big commitment what I mean by that is the test need to be done using the first pee of the day and you have a 3 hour window to do the test so every morning I have to get up early to make sure I remember to do the test and the machine takes what feels like a life time to register and caluclate the test. During the week it's not to bad cos I'm up for work but at the weekend man it sucks not being able to lie in! It's also hard especially when youve just woke up to remmeber to do it I guess now it's became part of my routine so it's not as bad as it was at the beginning

I've been told not to let the monitor consume my life which it hasnt and wont it's 10 mins of my life everyday to check what my levels are at and if it works then brilliant. I'm willing to give anything a go while waiting for our turn at IVF and if this is what it takes then so be it.

I'm up to date now with how the process is going so far so any blog after this will be mosty about how the monitor is going and about how im feeling about things. I hope it's making friends/family and even strangers understand my story a bit more and what its like to be me xx

**http://www.clearblue.com/uk/clearblue-fertility-monitor.php

No comments:

Post a Comment