Pages

Sunday, 6 July 2014

27 week update!!

Well it really has been a busy few weeks!! First off we went to the expectant parent event at mother care and it was really quite interesting, I'm glad we went along especially to learn more about breast feeding and how to put the baby to bed, sounds silly but I never knew there was so many regulations these days about how to put a baby down for a sleep!!

This past week I had an appointment with the nurse for my whooping cough injection however I ended up not getting it because apparently you must be 28 weeks seemed a bit pointless to me cos I was only 4 days off being 28 weeks so I've had to re-arrange it for next week. We also had another midwife appointment and my mum was able to come along to meet her as my mum and gran were through for an overnight for the 4D scan so that was quite good. What wasn't so good was the fact the midwife done an examination of my bump trying to figure out which way she was lying and oh my god it hurt so much! She was pushing down so hard on my tummy I was sure the baby was gonna pop out! She also measured me but this time she did it properly from my pubic bone and again it was really painful when she was pressing down on it. Baby is measuring a week bigger this time round which if true is not ideal as Lee is away the week before I'm due but I'll not go into that now or worry about it (yeah right LOL) so again at the appointment I also had to get bloods taken and my anti d injection, I opted to get this in my hip mainly because it doesn't hurt as much as the arm but it still gave me a dead leg thankfully I shouldn't need another one of those unless I have anymore bleeds or until after I've had the baby. The midwife seemed happy with how things are going and I'm back at the end of July to see her again.

Now it brings us to the 4D scan YAY!!! I've never felt to excited, scared and nervous in my life. I couldn't believe it was finally here after 7 whole weeks of waiting. It was nice for the mums and grans to come along and share the experience with us too. I was so surprised nobody cried I managed to hold back the tears but I think once I see the DVD on my own they will come. We are hoping to get the DVD this week as it takes a few days for them to make them up with all the footage and added extras. But for now here is a photo of our perfect little baby girl <3

We also got a recording of her heartbeat in a teddy and its just magical, I'll admit I listen to it every night before I go to sleep and it brings me a bit of comfort knowing shes ok :)
What did surprise me was the sonographer said she's weighing almost 3 pounds already! I fear she is gonna be a chunky monkey at this rate!! With the scan package we bought we get a free reassurance scan which is booked for the middle of august, I'm really excited for that one but it will be so surreal as that will be the last time we will see her before she is here which when I think about it, it's scary!!

My anxiety these past couple of weeks has been ok I managed to cope better with it but I think knowing the scan was soon helped me as it gave me something to focus on so I'm not sure how the next few weeks will pan out.

The one thing I did want to flag up in this post just because it has affected me a lot over the past couple of days is before I got pregnant I used to always get so pissed off with pregnant woman complaining about pregnancy type issues, I used to always say to myself that they should think themselves lucky to be able to get pregnant and have these feelings and at the time of me having these feelings towards them I never thought I'd ever be on this side of the fence so to speak. As much as this journey has at points been heart breaking and so hard to deal with the loss and pain and constant worry and what if's I'm kinda glad that I've been on the other side to experience infertility and now experiencing pregnancy because before I never stopped to think how hard being pregnant actually is but now I'm going through these issues it really has opened my eyes.

As grateful and thankful and happy as I am that we are finally having our little miracle pregnancy has been tough and I will admit that I've hated it and I really don't know how people can actually truthfully say they enjoy being pregnant. Last night after a bath I just stood in my bedroom naked and cried to Lee about it all how everything hurts, how my body has changed, how my ankles are swollen, I struggle to wipe myself after the toilet, I can't get comfortable to have a decent sleep and how I wouldn't blame him if he left me cos I just felt like a huge mess. Safe to say the emotional hormones are coming back! I know from here on in it's only going to get worse as she gets bigger.

With that said and I know most people will think I'm selfish and I should be thankful and there will be people who read this who are the me before I got pregnant and they won't like any of the above but trust me for all the aches and pains, for all the hideous stretch marks, for all the piles and constipation and anything else disgusting you can think of that happens in pregnancy I wouldn't change this for the world. Even though I had a cry about my body and how much of a mess I feel I do love the fact my body has these marks and pains because it is finally after 6 long years working as it should and growing a baby that is the only part of pregnancy that makes it all worth while I can cope with the crap bits for now cos it won't be forever well the stretch marks probably will be but then I will finally have my tiger stripes and I'll have earned these ones for an awesome reason!!

So that's me up to date we don't have any more appointments until the end of July so that will probably be my next update. We do however have our first event with me being pregnant with a family wedding next week so that will be an experience for us. We also have our bump to baby photo shoot the following week which I'm really looking forward to and I'll be sure to share some photos of that.

Well that's me for now :) I'll leave you with another up to date bump shoot and look forward to filling you in on the next update in a few weeks xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment