Pages

Saturday, 21 June 2014

25 week update, Army Life & Anxiety

So much has happened in the last 3 weeks..............

To start off with I finally got my appointment through to go for an assessment regarding my anxiety, thankfully Lee was able to come with me for support but it turned out not to bad. The woman doing the assessment was actually really nice and didn't make me feel like I was loosing my mind or that it was silly. The appointment was mainly for her to find out a little bit about me and find out what the best next step was to try and overcome/reduce my anxiety so she has decided that one on one therapy will be better for me and I should receive an appointment for this in a few weeks time. Again I'm going to go and see how I feel and give it a chance to see if it works. I'd do anything to be able to go at least one day without something setting me off.

I'm not sure if I've spoke about the chance of Lee possibly getting redundancy but anyway he had applied for it this tranche and he had stupidly gotten his hopes up as did I that we would be saying goodbye to this "life" and be able to start our next chapter on civvy street however it wasn't to be so it looks like we are stuck here for the foreseeable future. Really quite gutted as I was hoping to move closer to home once the baby is here but never mind clearly it wasn't meant to happen. The plan now is he is going to try and transfer to the med corp which means we will hopefully get posted somewhere else. I think we really need a fresh start away from this place. I really don't want to bring my daughter up living here it's just an existence and without my job I can guarantee there will be days that I literally won't speak to a single person especially when Lee is away on course or exercise and that really isn't very healthy for me or the baby. I'm hoping maybe once she is here I'll be able to find mummy and baby groups to go to and hopefully finally meet some friends.

I also had another midwife appointment this week which went OK, it turns out I have protein in my urine so my sample has been sent away to the lab for further tests but the midwife didn't seem to concerned. Baby is measuring bang on 25 weeks and again the midwife didn't seem bothered that at the last appointment she was measuring 2 weeks ahead and now she's not. It's playing on my mind quite a bit but I have another midwife appointment in 2 weeks and depending how she measures at that one I'll voice my concerns more to her.

I feel so excited that we only have one more week to push and we get to see spud again this time in 4D it really can't come soon enough I have a busy week with a parent event at mother care to go to and my best friend from back home coming to stay for a few days so hopefully this coming week will fly in!!

I'll be sure to update in a couple of weeks as we have the scan and the next midwife appointment on the same day so should have plenty to say in that post :)

Here is the most recent bump shot to date including the dog!! xx <3


No comments:

Post a Comment