WE MADE IT!!! Wow we actually made it to the half way point :D kinda exciting!! A massive mile stone we can now cross off.
So we ended up going for another private scan (yep hello anxiety my little annoying friend) and we found out the gender which shocked us both!! Due to this last minute decision and being really excited to share our news we never got a chance to do a gender reveal photo the way we had originally planned but never mind it's not all that important how you tell people so here we go lets see if all your guesses were right (mines sure as hell wasn't).......
IT'S A GIRL!!! We are officially Team Pink <3 we can't begin to tell you the shock we got I was totally convinced we were having a little boy.
We never told anyone we were going for the scan and it just so happened we were heading to my home town that day to visit my family so we decided to get everyone together and also get Lee's mum on face time and tell them the news. I think everyone was shocked but over the moon of course. We have already chosen her name but we are keeping that a secret until she is her. It took me ages to get used to saying she lol.
The happiness and joy of this news lasted for a few weeks and it was great going shopping and picking up little bits of pink things. My new favourite thing we got for the nursery are these cute lights from ikea they look brilliant!!
Our next midwife appointment came round and again nothing really much happened, to be honest I always feel like they are a waste of time. She took my blood pressure and checked the baby's heart beat and then referred me to the doctor to talk about my anxiety see blog post;
http://andsoourjourneystarts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/anxiety-in-pregnancy.html
All the information from that appointment is in the link above but let's just say again that felt like a waste of time to. Anyway the midwife now doesn't want to see me until the end of the month unless I need to see her before then.
Everything was going OK since the midwife appointment until last week I ended up back in hospital due to another wee bleed everything was OK again however this time the doctor who done the examination has referred me to another department to look at the polyp on my cervix. She was quite surprised that I hadn't been referred when they discovered it the first time round. Apparently I'll get an appointment letter in the post for it. After almost 5 hours I was discharged with a very sore arm from yet another ant i injection, thanks to my awesome blood type!
We also had our 20 week anomaly scan last week and I was so nervous about it but thankfully everything is as it should be and she is definitely a girl :) I wasn't sure whether I was to have a full bladder so I drank loads before hand and then was told I had to go and empty it and have a jump around as the little madam was to comfy and wouldn't move for the sonographer to do her measurements. Thankfully jumping up and down and wiggling my belly helped and we got a fab photo of her that looks like she's sucking her thumb <3
It's hard to believe that'll be the last scan at the hospital now and the next time we go will be to bring her into the world! What a terrifying though :/
We have a 4d scan scheduled for July on her daddy's birthday and we can't wait for it! We also have a bump to baby photo shoot happening in July as well which should be fun.
I'll update again after my next mid wife appointment at the end of the month to let you all know how things are going.
Hope you have enjoyed the latest instalment in our journey <3 xxxx



No comments:
Post a Comment