So what's been happening recently? Well I had a wee week off work the other week and Lee has been off for 3 weeks so we have been busy painting the nursery and getting it all organised. I've had some really bad anxiety attacks during my time off I really got myself into a right state and managed to convince myself that something was wrong and that it was all over and was determined to go for a scan but for the first time ever I managed to talk myself down and think rationally and we never went for a scan which in my eyes is an achievement. My friend whose just had a baby kindly sent me her fetal heart Doppler which we have used twice now and both times managed to find Spuds heartbeat I have to say it was pretty amazing to hear :)
We also had our 16 week midwife appointment nothing much really happened at the appointment. She went through all our tests results and everything came back normal which is good then she took my blood pressure and checked my urine sample which both came back fine as well. We got to hear the babies heartbeat again and we had a good chat about my anxiety, she has booked me in for another appointment in 2 weeks to check in on the baby as she thinks this will help with my anxiety. I'm looking forward to the appointment plus it also breaks down the time until our 20 week scan.
This week the furniture for the nursery arrived and I have to say I was so excited to get it built and in place it looks amazing ❤️ I still can't quite get over that this is actually happening I really never thought for once that my dreams would come true and we would be creating a nursery for our very own little baby in our house! I think people have got an opinion about how organised we are or that we are doing things to early but these people don't understand what it's like to finally be living this dream that we have waited so eagerly for. Of course we are excited to get things organised and buy things and visually see it coming together. Me personally have had a long time to have the dreams of how the nursery would look like and what things we would get and now we can actually put those dreams into reality nothing is going to stop me being overly organised.
We still have lots of things to get before the nursery is complete but I'm so happy with how it's looking at the moment. I find myself going into the room and just looking at everything and thinking wow ❤️
So we are coming up to 17 weeks pregnant and we have another midwife appointment at the end of the month followed by the 20 week scan a couple of weeks after that. I'll wait to update after the scan and hopefully all being well have our gender reveal photo to share :) to end my blog post here is my latest bump shot :) xx



No comments:
Post a Comment