Pages

Friday, 17 January 2014

Chapter 2: Our Journey Begins Again

I've just realised I haven't updated my blog since our last appointment so here we go.

Monday morning came and I had to go into work for a few hours as the appointment wasn't until 11:30 safe to say I couldn't really concentrate on much and was just wiling the hours to fly in. Eventually it came time for me to leave work and pick up Lee and off we went to make the journey we have made so many times before.

As we parked the car and walked round to the fertility clinic it still doesn't get easier having to walk past the maternity bit and see people sitting there with tiny newborn babies it just breaks my heart the feeling that there is a chance I'll never know what that feels like. This isn't just the case at the ERI a few of my friends from my support group have told me their hospital has the same layout it is so cruel and whenever planned the layout needs a slap!

So there we were back in the waiting room, it felt like yesterday we were there for the first time. Nothing changes with having to wait an age to be seen I was so stressed knowing I wasn't going to make it back in time for work!

While we were waiting this other couple came into the waiting room and it wasn't long after that we both got called through at the same time. We got out into our cubicle and I realised then I'd be getting the first scan of many. I'm also intrigued by these scans cos it's quite cool to see what your ovaries look like and it showe that I had 4 eggs in each side! 

After the scan we got taken into another room and the nurse had advised that due to my BMI being over the last time they needed to check if it was ok this time, she said that they should have checked before the scan because we may not be able to start treatment if it's over. Natuarally I was terrified cos it's December, the lead up to Christmas not many people chose this time to watch their weight. After she took my height and weight she disappeared for that seemed like ages! I was sure she was going to come back with bad news but to my surprise she came back smiling carrying a wee purple bag.

Turns out my BMI was just borderline and I was  advised to try and get it down and I was also prescribed a high dosage of folic acid to take during treatment. I've never felt so relieved to know we would be going ahead with treatment :)

Finally we we're given the paper work with the schedule of how the treatment would pan out and the nurse gave me the purple bag which was full of all the medication. Amazing how time changes we got a lovely yellow plastic carrier bag last time haha! 

So here we are the 17th January the night before we begin the injections and I'm beyond terrified! This is it our last chance at this. I'm trying to keep an open mind and be as positive as I can about the whole situation but at the same time I have to be realistic and prepare myself for whatever lays ahead.

We have another appointment in February so I'll keep you all posted on how things go xx


No comments:

Post a Comment