This week we had our first IVF consultation, nervous is an understatement so say how I was feeling as we had been waiting on this appointment coming for nearly a year now, in saying that it came a year earlier than we had previously been told!
As I've stated in my previous blogs I'm normally really anxious sitting in the waiting room but strangely enough I wasn't this time and I think that's down to knowing they aren't going to tell me bad news they are going to do everything they can to help us!
It was a breath of fresh air once we met the doctor as she was so much more nicer than the previous guy doctor we had been to see. She made us feel really relaxed and even asked Lee about his job and she just seem genuinely interested about us both, even the nurse we had been assigned to was really lovely.
The first part of the appointment was pretty informal, just the usual questions and form filling out. I swear if I have to sign my name again it'll be to soon!! I know it's all protocol but my goodness it's a bit over kill the amount of forms you need to fill out.
The second part of the appointment wasn't the greatest half hour of my life more scans which is just extremely uncomfortable but it doesn't help when there are 4 people in the room and they are all trying to tell you to relax when you may as well have left your dignity at the door! It was pretty painful having the scan but it's something i'll need to get used to as once treatment starts I need to get one every 2-3 days which I'm dreading already. We also got bloods taken to test for various different things, it was one of the better tests as Lee had to get it done to :) He was acting all the big man saying how he didn't feel a thing and it didn't hurt but his arm is all black and blue and mine isn't LOL.
So towards the end of the appointment we found out our treatment is going to start in February which is like so soon!! I have loads of mixed feelings about it, I'm going to be going through one of the biggest most hardest things in my life and I need to make sure I'm prepared. I know I will have all the support I need from my family and I wont go through it alone. Lee is quite torn about it to as he is leaving in January for 6 weeks and then going to be going on tour in March for 7 months he is worried about leaving me to deal with it all and he wants to be here but he can't and it's nobody's fault so i'll just need to be strong and get through it and hope to god the end result is what we have been praying for all this time.
My challenge until my next appointment is to loose half a stone which is going to be so hard especially as it's Christmas and we all know Christmas is for pigging out and eating loads of crap! So to be fair on myself I'm going to enjoy the next couple of days and also Christmas day and then once that's by with get started on it. I have the motivation I need because if I don't loose it then they wont start the treatment, it is really strict the rules they have but it's obviously for important reasons so i'll get it done I'm determined. I want to be able to tell people the news that it's worked and we are going to be parents instead of being the one being told from people that they are.
So keep your fingers crossed for me and i'll keep you updated on how my next appointment goes in January xx
No comments:
Post a Comment