This week has been one of the happier weeks in our journey. Got home from work on Wednesday to find a letter from the hospital on the doormat. To be honest as silly as it may be I wasn't sure what it was for and it never even entered my mind it would be anything to do with our journey. Without thinking to much I opened the letter and instantly burst into tears, happy tears I must add. It was official we were at the top of the waiting list and they have given us a date when treatment should start :) The first thing I did was phone Lee and give him the good news, I think he was as shocked as me as we were always told we would have to wait up to two years. I so wish he could have been home to share the good news in person as I dont think I've ever needed a cuddle so badly in my life. I just couldn't beleive that we were that step closer to our dream and the fact it was actually going to happen, we are actually going to get help!
I couldn't wait to tell people about it and most people were really pleased for us but it did surprise me that some people had not negative but not exactly happy comments about it either. Some of the comments were like "dont get your hopes up just now" and "oh I know someone who went through it and it's not going to be easy" which I thought yeah fair enough have that opinion but dont voice it to me! I'm excited and looking forward to the unknown. I'm well aware it might not work and it could all come crashing down but for this moment I'm going to allow myself to be happy and have that small bit of hope that someday soon I might become a mummy. As for it being difficult I'm well aware that when it comes around it's going to be a really emotionally and physically trying time for both me and Lee and I probably wont ever be prepared for whats going to happen to me but I know as long as I have Lee by my side we will get through it together and with the support of my family and few close friends I won't struggle to much.
People are probably wondering why I'm so excited about it and that it's not that big a deal to them but to me it's what I've been waiting on, I knew we were on the list but this is the reassurance that our time is coming and it's coming soon and it has made me happier than I've been in a long time :)
So aside from my great news Cycle 2 already is totally different from cycle 1 I'm on day 11 of my cycle and the monitor has only asked me for 2 tests so far and my fertility is still low but I'm not getting myself to upset about it yet. I think I learned from last time not to get to ahead of myself and just take it as it comes.

No comments:
Post a Comment